Friday, March 20, 2015

A New Normal?

Until this point in my Fribromyalgia (FMS)/ Chronic Fatigue (CFS) journey, I have had flares that lasted 4 weeks maximum.  Then, I would feel some relief for a a while.  I would slowly get back to my daily routines.

Sadly, I am currently experiencing something different.

We are about 12 weeks in to 2015, and I have been experiencing some severe symptoms the entire time.  My exhaustion levels have been at a 9 (on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 the highest).  I have severe pain daily.  And I am not yet seeing much relief.

I am beginning to think this is my new normal.  Maybe my disease has progressed?

So, instead of complaining, worrying, and feeling sorry for myself, I am asking myself this...
How do I handle this "new normal?"  What can I change to make my daily life a bit simpler?  What new responsibilities can my family members take on to help?  What are my priorities?

I think it is very important to check in with ourselves regularly.  Have you recently taken inventory of your priorities?  This "new normal" may not be how I would live in an ideal world.  But it is not beneficial to fixate on what I can no longer do.  I may have to remind myself ALL THE TIME, but I want to focus on the positive.  I need to accept myself, be kind to myself, and love myself.  You should strive for these things to.  We deserve it!

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.     - Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment