Monday, March 9, 2015

Welcome

My journey with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome began over 10 years ago.  I can look back now and easily see where I experienced issues with Chronic Fatigue even in college.  I was not officially diagnosed until 2004.  I was 24 years old.  I was dealing with a variety of symptoms and health issues.  It was a very scary time.  Going through such extensive testing for numerous different diseases was quite the ordeal.  When I first received my diagnosis, I thought I was relieved.  It was nice to have a name for what I was feeling.  I really had no idea how much this illness would change my life.

I used to be a typical Type A overachiever.  Fast forward 11 years, and my brain still wants to be that Type A woman.  My body, however, has very different plans!  Attempting to find a balance between the two can sometimes leave me feeling depressed, defeated, angry.  The list of emotions could go on and on.  I truly aim to be a positive person.  When I picture myself, it is a picture of a happy, funny, outgoing (much thinner) woman.  But so far in 2015, this positive attitude has eluded me.  My health seems to have taken yet another downhill slide.  I have been wondering how much I can actually handle. 

Thankfully, I have a couple of people in my life with who listen well.  They are encouraging yet honest, and remind me that I need to focus on having a thankful heart.  I have to redirect my thoughts away from the negative that so easily sneaks in.  I have to reprioritize and find new ways to keep my mind active even when my body says it has no plans of being productive.

Thus, this blog is born. 

I am still working out format and other details.  I plan to add some educational links on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I hope to post weekly, but anyone who knows someone with these health issues will know that I may not always be on time.  But I will be here.   Posting as I can.  Educating.  Encouraging.  Inspired but tired! 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."   Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to better understanding these conditions and how to be supportive of people who live with them. Thank you for sharing what you've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have had CFS for past 5 years now and it just doesn't get better. I got this soon after I was treated for Swine Flu (H1N1) here in India.

    Reading your welcome note makes me relate to how you feel. While surfing internet, reading about CFS related stuff I somehow stumbled upon your blog. Thank you for starting this blog. I am sure it will help everyone who is struggling with it and will help you too :) I will encourage you to please keep sharing.

    I often though that I should start a blog too, but I have been so disappointed that never actually did it. However, your blog made me write this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jyoti, I was just reading through all of your comments. I truly appreciate them and hope to post again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jyoti, I was just reading through all of your comments. I truly appreciate them and hope to post again soon!

    ReplyDelete